A journal to let you all know what we are doing and seeing! Make sure to leave us some comments, just click on the posts...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Teaching at the Temple.

Cambodia has been full of twists and turns and not just on those motos! We met two really nice girls on the boat to Battambang, Sherie and Lisa. Stephen ran into them the next day and they had told him that they had been looking around the local temple and a buddhist monk had come up to them and asked if they would help in his English class. I joined them later and we were met with shy young adults who gradually plucked up the courage to ask us questions. Stephen and I visited the temple everyday until we left Battambang and I was the given the opportunity to teach. It was a lot of the fun and very memorable particularly when a young monk is playing your game with such enthusiasm that he is shouting out in english from the back of the room. Aok Sam Eath, the monk we became friends with, teaches monks and children from all over the area. His classes are much cheaper and his dream is to open his own NGO where he can teach English to children in rural areas and hopefully get the assistance from foreign teachers.


Aok and Rebecca playing a game ...not much teaching going on!


Rebecca, Aok and Stephen.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must of brought back memories when you were asked to teach again! I bet they were a lot better behaved than us lot though! I hope you had fun teaching all of those people, and that they have learned a lot!
I told everyone that you said hi, and lots of them told me to say stupid things, but the message we all came up with in the end to give to you is ... right back at cha miss!!
hope your having a good time
love chlo xx

3:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just thought i'd let you know, Ash (my brother) had his german GCSE today, I'll let you know how he gets on! (fingers crossed!!!)

love chlo xx

3:46 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just caught up with your amazing journal. You have certainly brought Cambodia to life for me with the commentary and photos.
Take care
Mum P xx

7:34 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my GCSE german aswell today. I'm so glad the tests are over, the windmill german group have worked hard all year, thanks for teaching us german in year 7 and 8. Cambodia looks really nice,it's the total opposite to the UK.

8:37 pm

 
Blogger Rainbow Cow said...

At least you are getting your hand in before you return Rebecca. I wonder if your classes will be so shy????

12:29 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home